Saw my first live UFC fight last night. So many muscle-bound juice heads in one place was intimidating. THEN the fighters entered the building.
My experience has taught me a few things.
- People will allow themselves to beaten to a bloody pulp for glory and a belt that I could have purchased outside for $400.
- The Octagon looks much smaller in person. Although, I couldn’t run for my life for 15 minutes in one.
- Women will wear anything in public if they know their Roid-Raging boyfriends can defend their honor with their fists. And, why do they get so mad when I just want to take a picture for my Tumblr account?
- If you don’t let a woman get away with shoving her way to the front of a line you have been waiting in for 20 minutes “because she’s a girl”, you are not a “gentleman”. (although, no one ever accused me of being a gentleman any way.)
- The 1st Mariner Arena is the most poorly planned dump in Baltimore and should never be used to capacity again.
- Nothing will hone your city driving skills like the desperate need to pee.
All in all, it was a pretty cool experience.